Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nu Year Ann Arbor!!

OK how many of those resolutions have you broken already?  I mentioned in my last blog that I do not believe in resolutions, but I do believe in change!  Small changes add up in life style habits that last.  You would not want to run a marathon if you have never run before, but you may take a walk around a few blocks.  You probably would not eat a strict vegetarian diet if you currently eat only meat and starches.   You need to find changes that make you actually feel good or happy!

My philosophy is "Food is Meant to be Eaten and Enjoyed"  My clients will tell you that yes you can have most items you like to eat or drink, but just be smarter about how you do it.  It has amazed me since I have been a Registered Dietitian in the hospital setting and now in private practice; as to how much the public does not know about good nutrition.   Many seek out information from the media or friends and go down a path that does not last, or costs a lot of $$$.

 Good health and nutrition take education, practice and a plan.


I encourage you all to establish 3 attainable goals per week and document your progress, for example:


Walk 3 times this week for 30 minutes.
Eat 3 pieces of fresh fruit per day.
Say something positive to yourself daily.


As you achieve these goals make the next weeks a bit more challenging! 


Please visit my website Nutritious Dish with Kyle RD for recipes and services to help you reach your nutrition and health goals this year!  You may also call 734-341-0188 to discuss which service is right for you! Annarbornutrition.com


Nutritious Dish with Kyle RD   Body Specs.net

No comments:

Post a Comment